Main > The Armoury

Hacking up a sword

<< < (6/13) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yes, I was going to suggest some sort of lead ballast. I know we talked about the idea of melting plumber's solder in there, but another idea might be to buy some small fishing weights. I don't know how much space you're working with inside the scabbard though. A properly made scabbard has just enough space for the blade. Many of these cheaper ones allow the sword to slip around in there a bit.

Sir Brian:
I was considering these:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=cp0271
@ 1/8" thick they should fit fine. I only hope they will be enough weight!  :-\

What about the rest of the idea? Do you think my scabbard will look alright painted the
same green as my shield?  :-\

Das Bill:
I have to admit, all of this sounds too complicated to me. It would seem much simpler to put a tie on the scabbard near the throat and fix it to the belt so that the hilt can't dip forward. Many sword belts are rigged in a similar way anyway, so you could just use a leather strap that matches your belt, and it wouldn't look out of place.

Sir Brian:
Well sure I'm working on that as a temporary fix for this weekend, but all these other more
permanent and complicated fixing concoctions is where all the fun is Bill!
 ;)

Das Bill:
Is is possible to just glue the blade permanently in the scabbard so it can't be drawn? It'd be a non-functional weapon at that point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version