Main > The Armoury

Leather surcoats

<< < (2/2)

Sir Wolf:
looks cool, would hang the way surcoats do in the paintings n pictures, historic? seriously doubt it. heheheh but still looks awesome.

Sir William:
I was about to say, when I thought about getting one, you fellows gave me a resounding 'No!' in answer!!!  Still, for the price, those look very nice.  Leather breathes, does it not?  So it may not be the hotbox garment some of you are suggesting...then again, it could very well be.  I don't wear leather garments in general (although I just got a pair of pants at a steal so, we'll see how that goes) but I've heard you can wipe them down with a cool, damp cloth and it'll cool that body part off.

Their website's not coming up for me either.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, if you're trying to be as authentic as you can, leather surcoats are out.

But as far as leather garb goes, it's warm, but not ridiculously so. I think the armor is much worse on hot days than a leather outer-layer. I have a variety of leather doublets, and sometimes I'll wear them in reasonably hot weather, but it depends.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-16, 15:12:45 ---I was about to say, when I thought about getting one, you fellows gave me a resounding 'No!' in answer!!!  Still, for the price, those look very nice.  Leather breathes, does it not?  So it may not be the hotbox garment some of you are suggesting...then again, it could very well be.  I don't wear leather garments in general (although I just got a pair of pants at a steal so, we'll see how that goes) but I've heard you can wipe them down with a cool, damp cloth and it'll cool that body part off.

Their website's not coming up for me either.

--- End quote ---

Leather also needs to be properly treated. I don't like having to worry about my tunics when my armor & weapons need enough attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version