Main > The Armoury

Warbow

<< < (2/8) > >>

Sir Wolf:
red oak and other open pore wood are not very good for bows. at least unbacked that is. i have white ash from england i think.... can't remember. the best is yew, but yew does not do so well in american humidity

Ian:
Start getting serious about your bent-over dumbell rows and weighted pull-ups!  ;)

Lord Dane:
About as serious as my morning coffee chugs & donut dunks???  ;D

Leganoth:
well hopefully it wont snap in 2!, even if it does the website said if it breaks they will replace free of charge! i can pull a 50 pound back pretty easily, i have a 45-50 compound bow, but I wanted to go traditional :)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-08-16, 01:17:10 ---well hopefully it wont snap in 2!, even if it does the website said if it breaks they will replace free of charge! i can pull a 50 pound back pretty easily, i have a 45-50 compound bow, but I wanted to go traditional :)

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming you already know this, but a traditional bow will feel a little heavier than a compound bow (for the same draw weight), since it doesn't give you that mechanical advantage to relax a bit when it's pulled. But it's worth saying, for folks who are new to the subject.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version