Main > The Armoury

I am tailoring my mail!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-16, 15:24:45 ---I'm jealous!  Just out of curiosity, what're the scissors for?

--- End quote ---

For opening the rings lol

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-16, 19:26:58 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-16, 15:24:45 ---I'm jealous!  Just out of curiosity, what're the scissors for?

--- End quote ---

Quit & easy access to through his lady's corset of course.  ;)

--- End quote ---

LOL yes my imaginary lady ;D!!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-08-16, 21:07:09 ---

--- End quote ---

Expanding rings is my guess, but I'm cheating, cause I've done that :)

--- End quote ---

lol, I've never done it that way, but it makes sense. I use needle-nose pliers, so they fit inside, but I open by offset rather than by spreading, so they line up again with the right curvature. And with flat rings, that's really needed anyway.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-08-17, 13:03:14 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-08-16, 21:07:09 ---

--- End quote ---

Expanding rings is my guess, but I'm cheating, cause I've done that :)

--- End quote ---

lol, I've never done it that way, but it makes sense. I use needle-nose pliers, so they fit inside, but I open by offset rather than by spreading, so they line up again with the right curvature. And with flat rings, that's really needed anyway.

--- End quote ---

I was too lazy to walk all the way out to the garage to get needlenose, when I had the scissors in front of me. With the rounded butted mail, it works. Flat ring/riveted, I wouldn't try - I hate doing that even with two sets of needlenose.

Sir William:
Sir Edward, what do you mean by offset?  I may be incorrect in what I'm envisioning.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-17, 17:07:58 ---Sir Edward, what do you mean by offset?  I may be incorrect in what I'm envisioning.

--- End quote ---

Bending it perpendicular to the plane of the ring, rather than spreading it within the plane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version