Main > The Armoury

New maille type at CASIberia

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-08-02, 00:23:28 ---Yeah I am a bit mad my maille didnt come with tapered sleeves, I am prolly gonna pay someone to tailor it for me cause doing it myself is impossible cause I hate making maille it's too hard. I wanted alternating rings too but guess I'm gonna have to deal with what I got right now.

--- End quote ---

It's actually not hard to learn to do. It's slow-going, but you can sit in front of the TV and work on it.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-08-02, 13:40:36 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-08-02, 00:23:28 ---Yeah I am a bit mad my maille didnt come with tapered sleeves, I am prolly gonna pay someone to tailor it for me cause doing it myself is impossible cause I hate making maille it's too hard. I wanted alternating rings too but guess I'm gonna have to deal with what I got right now.

--- End quote ---

It's actually not hard to learn to do. It's slow-going, but you can sit in front of the TV and work on it.

--- End quote ---

Try here. www.ringmesh.com (RI). Got my lastest welded ring-maille half-sleeve there. It's perfect & lifetime warranty on its durability. Really lightweight & well-crafted.

Sir William:
Ringmesh is good for protection, but if you're looking for anything near historical accuracy, this is not for you.  Welded maille in general is not authentic, but again, it all depends on what you want out of it.  I get the impression that Ulrich is looking to make an effort at historical accuracy.

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah I want historical accuracy so I go after riveted maille rather than welded or butted. Though I'd rather have welded than have butted because butted well... comes apart. Duke Icefalcon still hasn't gotten back to me about the maille chausses so I am still waiting on that, I assume he's at Pennsic though so I'm sure he'll get back to me sooner or later.

Sir James A:
Yes, IceFalcon is at Pennsic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version