Main > The Armoury

Gambesons at Etsy

(1/9) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89998648/medieval-celtic-viking-armor-padded?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=gambeson&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all
Was wondering anyone ever purchase a gambeson here? They reach down to the knees which is JUST the gambeson type I need for my hauberk but I been wondering about durability of them and whatnot. They look like norman era gambesons which is sorta what I am looking for. Just don't like the metal clasp idea I'd rather have laces or buckles.

Thorsteinn:
I don't like those fasteners nor that the seller doesn't disclose the materials used. Also why would it not be SCA heavy, or SCA rapier, combat legal?

Sir Wolf:
i am betting it is a "legal disclaimer"

i would replace the metal closures with points.

what is it all made of? arms look kinda tubular.

Sir James A:
It mentions measurements outside of the S/M/L. I wonder if they're tailor made. If so, I bet you could ask for no metal hardware, and what they're made of.

Sir William:
I know this tailor (Dan Desmarais of Morgana's Collection), I've bought from him before...his items are tailor made.  Oh, you can find a goodly amount of his wares on ebaY but he still requires your measurements as he makes them to fit.   If you want to know anything about it, just email him directly- he's pretty responsive.  Sort of pricey too but as in all things worth having, you get what you pay for.  I don't know if this guy's ever done any SCA or other European martial art, but he knows how to sew and stitch.  Just make sure you're certain of your measurements, don't guess because he will make them to order.

As for his padded garments, I have no experience...I've bought a pair of pants, two pair actually, and an open sided surcoat/jupon...the red one I'm wearing in my current avatar pic, actually.  I'd wear that padded gamby w/sleeves as a fall/winter coat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version