Main > The Armoury

New helm Part 2

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
A very fine helm Sir Ulrich.
I do like the crusader pot helm, so much so that I have 2 as can be seen on the photo`s here;
http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,1385.0.html

But I must admit yours has such a much nicer shape to it.
G.

Sir Wolf:
how's come i can see the smile in the breathe holes? hehehehe awesome

Joshua Santana:
Very impressive Sir Ulrich, well done.  I cannot wait to see your Kit completed, I believe it will be impressive. 

Sir Ulrich:
Thanks, I think it will look good with my templar surcoat which I need tailored. Before I know it I'll have a nice crusader kit. The helm is quite imposing looking to a lot of people which I sorta like. The vision isnt bad either, cept I cant really see whats below me due to the the faceplate. The muzzle on the helm allows for more room for breathing too which I like as well.

The thing is the inside of my maille the dome head rivets are quite sharp and not peened as nicely as my icefalcon maille is. Guess thats what I get for going after cheaper quality maille. Could always reverse it and wear it the other way out where the rivets are rounder and less pointy, but there is a patch of rust on the inside. Just need a source of where I can get some linen padding cause it's still sorta loose on my head with the maille. Maybe I just need one of those bands knights wore around their coifs though, if I knew where to get one I would get one.

Lord Dane:
Sir Ulrich, I am happy you found your look. Not to be pessimistic but...the flat-top pot helmet looks very bulky, pertruding, & not proportionate to your head. Why did you not try a transitional flat-top crusader helmet instead?? It is smaller in size, almost same look for your aimed time-period (Crusader-era: 1100-1300), & might fit more comfortable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version