Main > The Library

Assassins Creed - The Movie

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

I actually don't much care for console controllers these days. I'll stick to keyboard/mouse, TYVM. :)

I played for about an hour last night... got up tot he point where you get demoted and lose all your stuff, and stopped there. It's definitely an interesting start, so I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Sir James A:
When you get to the more complex button combos, a console controller really shines. Especially in the later games, when it's 2-3 buttons at a time for a single action. I played with a mouse and keyboard first, too (had it on my laptop) - I did fine until about halfway through the game. It's a lot more fluid with a controller in ways I can't explain. I can't play a FPS at a 4 year old's skill level with anything other than mouse and keyboard - and as you probably knew, I started back with Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, when there was no such thing as a mouse or strafing. So preferring a console controller is a big deal. But play a few hours with mouse and keyboard, then try a controller for a few, too. ;)

And, the game only gets more interesting from there. Exponentially so.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-07-10, 15:32:20 ---Michael Fassbender has signed on to play the lead...most likely Altair and/or Desmond.  I am officially excited- he'd be my first choice in the role.  He's got the presence, the athleticism and seems adept at Hollywood style swordsmanship (as seen in 300 and Centurion), the story itself is engaging and the setting is 1191AD, the Holy Land which should be a draw for those of us with the Crusading bent.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_(film)

--- End quote ---

Oh Sweet!!! :) I'll be waiting for that. They looking for casting extras???? I'd audition for Crusader-era role. Good update, Sir William. 

Sir William:
Dane, if they were, please believe I would've mentioned that- and gone to the casting call too!  I've got my Crusader kit pretty much done, except for the maille chausses...can't seem to find a decent pair, you know?

Sir James...we are of an accord.  I play FPS on the consoles these days...but I still remember my time with Q3:Arena, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike...those were the days...but for games like AC, you really want a controller.

Sir Edward, no joke...you'll find movement a deal more intuitive on a controller- and I know it is against everything you hold dear, but trust us on this one.  ;)

Edited to add:  apparently Fassbender's to play Desmond Miles...which means we may see more of the present-day stuff as opposed to the medieval aspect of Altair...unless he plays both roles (which I hope he does).

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-07-11, 19:38:36 ---Dane, if they were, please believe I would've mentioned that- and gone to the casting call too!  I've got my Crusader kit pretty much done, except for the maille chausses...can't seem to find a decent pair, you know?

Sir James...we are of an accord.  I play FPS on the consoles these days...but I still remember my time with Q3:Arena, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike...those were the days...but for games like AC, you really want a controller.

Sir Edward, no joke...you'll find movement a deal more intuitive on a controller- and I know it is against everything you hold dear, but trust us on this one.  ;)

Edited to add:  apparently Fassbender's to play Desmond Miles...which means we may see more of the present-day stuff as opposed to the medieval aspect of Altair...unless he plays both roles (which I hope he does).

--- End quote ---

Correct. I play the PC game versions of AC & I am struck on AC2 because of the fact I can't control my character in one scene to beat the computer controlled character. Grrrrrrr.  hindered me from finishing the game for many months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version