Main > The Armoury

Pistol question.

<< < (4/5) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-07-03, 15:53:13 ---
--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-07-03, 06:51:59 ---I'm a SIG Sauer certified firearms instructor/armorer. Hoping to be their poster boy someday. :) My favs are SP2022, P229R both in .40 caliber.

--- End quote ---

Very cool. I have a pair of P229's, but neither of them have rails. I should have held out for that, I suppose. But I have one in 9mm (with tritium sights), and one on .40 (with plain irons).

Not only are they reliable, but I found that they fit my hand the best of most of the handguns I've picked up, especially with Hogue grips. I also like their method of "safety" for carry, in the form of a de-cocking lever rather than a hard safety switch. They're always ready, just in double-action for the first shot. But you guys know that. :)

--- End quote ---

Their engineers put so much time into quality & listening to their customers. Most egrnomical gun design I have ever held in my hand. Love the light weight polymer frame of the SIG Pro-series for personal weapons & love the black steel full-size of the 229's w/ all the trimming. My 229R has Tri-jicon night-sights, Picanntany rail, w/ an internal laser bore that can switch between red & green targeting. Very dependable firearms for handguns.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-07-04, 05:02:26 ---Honestly I think Ian is really advocating for swords, axes, seaxs, & spears for home defense. ;)

No blow through, no over penetration, & no running out of ammo!

--- End quote ---

Over-penetration in that case would mean cutting clean through your assailant, and lodging the blade into the wall or floor at the end of the cut. :)

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane ---Their engineers put so much time into quality & listening to their customers. Most egrnomical gun design I have ever held in my hand. Love the light weight polymer frame of the SIG Pro-series for personal weapons & love the black steel full-size of the 229's w/ all the trimming. My 229R has Tri-jicon night-sights, Picanntany rail, w/ an internal laser bore that can switch between red & green targeting. Very dependable firearms for handguns.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I knew yours had the rail because of the "R" in the model number. :) If I want to put a laser on mine, I'd have to go with one of the alternatives, such as laser-grips, or a laser built into the spring guide (my dad got one of the latter, and it seems to work well enough). I don't think the "R" variants existed yet when I bought my .40 229.

Personally, I really didn't like the Sig Pro line at all. It just didn't feel right to me. The new Sig modular pistol (P250 I think?) is the first polymer handgun of theirs that felt better to me. Previously, I felt that if I were to get a plastic gun, it would probably be a H&K. Glocks don't feel good to me either. This is all from a subjective "fits my hand, feels like a weapon and not a toy" sort of standpoint for me. :) I really like my steel frames. Just a personal preference, of course.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-07-04, 05:02:26 ---Honestly I think Ian is really advocating for swords, axes, seaxs, & spears for home defense. ;)

--- End quote ---

That's my first choice! Guns won't be of much use during the zombie apocalypse, except to slow 'em down while the medieval weaponry finishes 'em off. 8)

Sir Matthew:
I own a Glock 23c, the one with the vented barrel to reduce recoil, in .40 and I love that gun. I'm confident enough in my skill level with it to use it in defense of my home if necessary, but given I live in the city and in a situation like that it is always possible to miss I would definitely rather not have to use the pistol. It is definitely not a coincidence that I have several dozen swords and other medeival/ren melee weapons just outside my bedroom door and at least two in my bedroom with me. In the close quarters confines of the upstairs of my house a gun will be of little use while my small falchion will be very effective.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-07-04, 11:48:49 ---

--- End quote ---

Over-penetration in that case would mean cutting clean through your assailant, and lodging the blade into the wall or floor at the end of the cut. :)

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane ---Their engineers put so much time into quality & listening to their customers. Most egrnomical gun design I have ever held in my hand. Love the light weight polymer frame of the SIG Pro-series for personal weapons & love the black steel full-size of the 229's w/ all the trimming. My 229R has Tri-jicon night-sights, Picanntany rail, w/ an internal laser bore that can switch between red & green targeting. Very dependable firearms for handguns.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I knew yours had the rail because of the "R" in the model number. :) If I want to put a laser on mine, I'd have to go with one of the alternatives, such as laser-grips, or a laser built into the spring guide (my dad got one of the latter, and it seems to work well enough). I don't think the "R" variants existed yet when I bought my .40 229.

Personally, I really didn't like the Sig Pro line at all. It just didn't feel right to me. The new Sig modular pistol (P250 I think?) is the first polymer handgun of theirs that felt better to me. Previously, I felt that if I were to get a plastic gun, it would probably be a H&K. Glocks don't feel good to me either. This is all from a subjective "fits my hand, feels like a weapon and not a toy" sort of standpoint for me. :) I really like my steel frames. Just a personal preference, of course.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Blades don't run out of bullets. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version