Main > The Courtyard

John Clement, not being knightly.... again.

<< < (9/18) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-07-08, 21:05:41 ---

--- End quote ---

What the hell is a Kiai master?  It looked like he missed most of his 'blows' - that one guy who was flopping about like a fish was most comical.  He looked almost surprised when he got hit the first time...can only imagine he was quite nonplussed when the next several shots connected and put him down.  Question is- how many of his students remained after that?

Thorsteinn:
A bit like this dude I suspect.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-07-10, 00:34:48 ---A bit like this dude I suspect.
Phony Karate Master - No Touch KO Debunked]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0#]Phony Karate Master - No Touch KO Debunked[/url]

--- End quote ---

Naruto and DragonBallZ aren't real!?!?

*stomping off in a temper tantrum*

I believe that's apples to oranges in regards to Clements vs Anyone, though.

Ian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-07-10, 12:55:33 ---I believe that's apples to oranges in regards to Clements vs Anyone, though.

--- End quote ---

Precisely.  John Clements doesn't claim to use magic like those idiots.  Even then, it's not like the heads of various martial arts schools go around challenging each other Mortal Kombat style, to see who's kung fu is strongest...  Stuff like that is straight out of a movie.  I think it's a bit silly to expect John Clements to have to fight some WMA person from another organization to prove himself.  He's done that already through meticulous research, handling of original artifacts and manuscripts etc... 

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-10, 16:53:39 ---I think it's a bit silly to expect John Clements to have to fight some WMA person from another organization to prove himself.  He's done that already through meticulous research, handling of original artifacts and manuscripts etc... 

--- End quote ---

I disagree.  All the research and handling of original artifacts in the world does not necessarily translate to skill in the practical application.  And that various so-called masters no longer participate in contests, well, I can't honestly say that's such a great thing.  For one, you could hardly call yourself the best if you've gone largely unchallenged by worthy opponents- beating up on your students only proves you can beat them.

I used to be a huge Bruce Lee fan, well, I still am, just not so rabid with it- but he was challenged pretty regularly early in his career because no one believed he could be that good.  Except he was, and he'd proven it time and again.  I'm sure if I did some research, I'd find other masters of their respective craft doing the same.

I guess what I'm saying is, why shouldn't they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version