Main > The Armoury

New helm?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Wolf:
looks ok. i have one from here http://www.merchantadventurers.com/medstock/admed.htm been using it for about 10 years or so.

Sir Ulrich:
My main problem is it covers my forehead which coifs of this type do not cover my forehead. Maybe I should sell the coif I own and get a wedge riveted coif instead which would dig less into my forehead I suppose. They are in stock but at the time I got mine they weren't. It's mainly the rivets that dig into my skin and are rather sharp. With the icefalcon maille it isnt the case as they're peened over rather well and much better quality than the GDFB maille which is pokey as hell. I want mine in black though cause I sorta hate white, I look terrible in white.

Sir Wolf:
you can move the coif any which way to cover what is there. some people use a leather cord thru the mail around the forehead to help round it out when they have smaller heads. experiment a lil and make it work. i always play with mine a lil in the reflection of the car when i'm at events to get it to sit where i want it to

Sir Matthew:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-06-19, 23:47:24 ---you can move the coif any which way to cover what is there. some people use a leather cord thru the mail around the forehead to help round it out when they have smaller heads. experiment a lil and make it work. i always play with mine a lil in the reflection of the car when i'm at events to get it to sit where i want it to

--- End quote ---

HAHAHAHA. I thought I was the only one who did this  ;D

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Matthew on 2012-06-20, 21:16:42 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-06-19, 23:47:24 ---you can move the coif any which way to cover what is there. some people use a leather cord thru the mail around the forehead to help round it out when they have smaller heads. experiment a lil and make it work. i always play with mine a lil in the reflection of the car when i'm at events to get it to sit where i want it to

--- End quote ---

HAHAHAHA. I thought I was the only one who did this  ;D

--- End quote ---

That works but leather is kind of rigid & if not the right softness, it feels rough wrapped around your scalp (especially with a coif).  I improvise with a braided-cord colored to match my surcoat that is cheap, soft, flexible, and can be easily wrapped around my head.  It holds my coif in place easily and very natural feeling to it.  Just get the right thickness & colors and it's easy to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version