Main > The Library

"The Tale of Sir Palidor and the Monster of Sunlaws Ridge"

<< < (6/8) > >>

Joshua Santana:
Excellent Kits and Heraldry!  Well done Sir John, cannot wait to see those Kits come alive.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
I have a few more props to post....the calling card of Sir Palidor, the coa of the Carelton Hotel and that "newspaper" I made. (continued on the next post.)

Sir John

Sir John of Felsenbau:
The "Newspaper"...I still can't remember the term they used for it. It was hand written and drawn on parchment (thined animal skin)

Sir John

Joshua Santana:
Impressive Sir John!  Keep up the good work!

Sir John of Felsenbau:
I had a little extra time, so I thought I'd post some of the screenplay I've written. I may change it when I do a revision, or if anyone has suggestions. This is only the first part of the screenplay, I'll post the rest vlater.

ACT 1:
   SCENE 1: Map of Roxburgh
   SCENE 2: Shot of outside of Roxburgh Manor at night
   SCENE 3: Inside Roxburgh Manor, Sir Iestyn at the table. Sir Fachnan enters and speaks:

Sir Fachnan: Another sheep has been killed.

Sir Iestyn: I guess we better have a look.

The knights get up and leave.

CUT

ACT 2:

SCENE 1: Map of Sunlaws Cave
SCENE 2: (Two knights with lantern on a trail)

Sir Fachnan: There, you can see the drag marks.

(The two knights follow the path and come upon a dead sheep. As they walk up to it, the Ogre jumps out and draws his swords…the two knights draw their swords and a fight ensues…the ogre throws a hunting knife at one, pinning his Surcoat to a tree. Then he disarms the other knight. When the first knight gets loose, he also is disarmed and the two knights leave.)
NOTE: “Ride of the Valkyries” during the fight

FADE OUT…FADE IN

ACT 3:
   SCENE 1: Map of Scotland with super imposed words:

1369....Edinburgh, Scotland

SCENE 2: Shot of outside of the Carleton Hotel
   SCENE 3: Inside the Hotel, Sir Palidor at a table in his Kilt, etc., drinking ale, reading the Carlton Chronicle and chess board on the table. (Scottish music playing)

Squire Geoffrey enters with a message and says:

Squire Geoffrey: This just arrived for you by Courier, Sir Palidor.

Sir Palidor: Thank you Squire Geoffrey…
                      (Sir Palidor gives the Squire a coin.)
…. By the way, it’s your turn.
                      (Points at chessboard)
Squire Geoffrey makes a move and says: Check Mate.

Sir Palidor (looking at Squire): I cannot for the life of me figure out how you manage to always beat me!

Squire Geoffrey: Just luck I guess Sir Palidor.

Sir Palidor (looking at paper): It says here that war has broken out again between England and France. I guess you’ll be leaving soon.

Squire Geoffrey: Yes within a week I’ll be joining the forces of John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster.

Sir Palidor: Well, here’s a little extra…buy some strong armor and come back safely.

(Sir Palidor gives the Squire a few more coins)

Squire Geoffrey: Thank you…you are too generous.

Sir Palidor: Now let’s see what this message says…

Palidor opens and reads the letter out loud: “Sir Palidor, There has been a hideous Ogre that has been killing our sheep and terrorizing the people of Roxburgh. We wish to hire you to destroy it before someone in the town is killed. We have tried, but with no luck. Sir Iestyn of Roxburgh.”

Squire Geoffrey: Will you be leaving now?

Sir Palidor: No…it’s getting dark. It can wait until morning.”

The Squire leaves and Palidor continues to drink and read his paper.

FADE OUT---FADE IN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version