Main > The Armoury

Would this tunic be period for the 1200s

(1/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
http://www.revivalclothing.com/10th-11thcearlymedievalvikingtunic-1.aspx
I been looking around for a tunic for the 1200s thats more versatile and can be used in the earlier period as well. Not really interested in doing the 1300-1500s much so I am looking for an earlier period tunic. The one from historical enterprises comes in a one size fits all which I refuse to buy it would be way too... big and bulky which I dont want, plus it don't come in black.

Sir Wolf:
dude, you need to stop buying in black. it maybe your color, but as a poorer knight, you wouldn't have been able to afford black. and black in period is not modern day black. :) it's hotter and when do you mainly wear it? in the summer months? HOTNESS hehehe.

other than that a 4 gored tunic is good for 1200s. a keyhole neck is not really good though. you want a round neck hole. keyholes are too early i think for 1200s.

SirNathanQ:
It may be off topic, but Sir Wolf, what would the difference between historical black colouration and modern black colouration be?

Sir Ulrich:
Thing is I am trying to be as period as possible WITH using my own colors (black with red trim). I don't like bright flashy colors as I am a goth and tend to dress in mostly black and occasionally grey. Plus it looks better on me. People told me I look good in green but I personally don't like it cause it makes me look like a hippie and I dont look "dark" in it. I already have an undershirt but it's white and I think I look terrible in white. The heat I can deal with though I go out in a trenchcoat even in the summer to protect myself from the sun rather than slap on sunscreen which is absolutely disgusting and sticky. I WAS hot at the faire in my blackened maille and gambeson but the heat didnt bug me nearly as much as the weight did. Besides if I wear a templar or teutonic surcoat over it all I would be pretty much fine.
If you really wanted to get technical I would of LOVED a black tunic with a red trim around the ends and whatnot that would look awesome, but I dont know any place that sells tunics like that or if they even existed at that time.

Thorsteinn:
http://www.linengarb.com/

Try the above & they list period dye colors too. They also do requests. I have a pair of their rus pants & love them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version