Main > The Armoury

My Armory

<< < (8/9) > >>

Sir Rodney:
Your story brought back fond memories. :)

When my wife and I were first dating we would take her family horses and ride around rural MN.  I learned alot on those rides, like how NOT to sit in a saddle. :o  Unfortunately the horses are long gone now...

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---I used to ride every saturday (a rented horse) when I was in high school...after the army is when I bought the horse, but due to being a teaching assistant and going to graduate school, I had to sell him after 2 years. There aren't any more stables that rent horses in or near Philadelphia, but on vacations I'd always find a stable to ride one.

An interesting note...when we rented a cottage in the Poconos (PA) on Keen Lake, I found a stable and rented a horse. I told the guide about the horse I owned, which I'm sure he thought was only a story, so he gave me the most spirited horse in the stables, thinking I'd make a fool of myself. Much to his suprise, I did really well, and he told me in all the days of renting out that horse, I was trhe ONLY ONE to be able to keep him under control!
--- End quote ---

Excellent story Sir John, that is quite an adventure right there.  Now I am interested in renting a horse or two.   :D

Sir John of Felsenbau:
The summer between getting out of the army and going to grad school, I spent most of my time riding. Even in the winter I had special horse shoes put on him...with teflon strips so that he wouldn't slip on the ice or snow. I still have his saddle in my basement.

Sir John

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---The summer between getting out of the army and going to grad school, I spent most of my time riding. Even in the winter I had special horse shoes put on him...with teflon strips so that he wouldn't slip on the ice or snow. I still have his saddle in my basement.
--- End quote ---

:)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir John of Felsenbau on 2012-06-09, 20:58:35 ---The summer between getting out of the army and going to grad school, I spent most of my time riding. Even in the winter I had special horse shoes put on him...with teflon strips so that he wouldn't slip on the ice or snow. I still have his saddle in my basement.

Sir John

--- End quote ---

That's awesome. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version