Main > The Armoury

Shoulders

(1/4) > >>

Bernarr:
Reading through other posts, I came across this site mentioned and browsed around a bit. I found these shoulders that I like the look of, but was wondering if anyone could place them in a specific period or if they're just an original design? The shield tie-on kind of reminds me of the shoulder shields from the movie first knight-
http://www.bestarmour.com/arm_harness_5.html

edit- forgot to mention which they are.. "Spaulders RH 5.5" all the way at the bottom of the page

Sir Wolf:
They look like 15th centuru spaulders to me. The cheq usually have different artwork to work from than most americans see so they may have seen the lil shield device somewhere to copy it from.

Sir James A:
They look, to me, like a mash-up of a couple different things. The shield is reminiscent of an ailette. The vertical guard is something I've only seen on large pauldrons, and not the smaller style like that. The rest of it looks fine. I would call it historically inspired, but I'm not sure I would call it a reproduction unless I saw what it's based off of. I wouldn't even call it "fantasy" armor. It's just those couple little things that make me curious.

Joshua Santana:
Yes they do look like spaulders but then again I will have to research more on this.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-05-20, 07:28:01 ---They look like 15th centuru spaulders to me. The cheq usually have different artwork to work from than most americans see so they may have seen the lil shield device somewhere to copy it from.

--- End quote ---

Agreed; the hump of the shoulder and the multiple lames lead me to believe it is later period (15th C).  What period are you looking to model your harness after?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version