Main > The Armoury

Albion price hike

<< < (12/14) > >>

Joshua Santana:
Oh Lord do help us.  Accidents?  Swords hanging next to the bed?  What is this? 

I would rather have them pinned to the walls and away from the bed.  That away any accident or double accidents won't happen. 

If the wife asks for a sword, be careful of what you choose.  Don't go for the larger swords like claymores or worse zweihanders movie swords are even dangerous in the hands of the wife).  Rather something nice like a 18th Century Smallsword, a Late 16th or 17th Century Rapier with decorative hilts or of you want something medieval, an arming sword or historical replica will do fine.   ;)

Or if you want, put one sword on one wall and on the other wall, put up a large picture of a rose, so that it creates a nice setting.

Sir Edward:
I think it's best to find out from your lady what kind of sword she would prefer. I know mine would like a very nice late period small-sword. So that's on the shopping list at some point.

Yeah, sharp and/or heavy objects over places people will be, and are likely to bump them or the wall that they're on, makes be very nervous. What's worse is that people have an instinct to try to catch expensive things when they start to fall, so I make a point of telling people "It's a sword, it will be fine. However, you will not. Just get out of the way if it falls."

Sir William:
I cut my fingers up pretty nicely doing just that, Sir Edward.  I just didn't want it to hit the ground, and paid for it too.  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-06-06, 14:39:56 ---
Yeah, as a general rule I don't hang weapons over doorways, chairs, or beds. Next to, but not over.

--- End quote ---

It made sense in my head, but I guess it's not "my side" specifically:

(pardon the mess)

It's on the wall closer to my side of the bed, but for it to fall, somebody would have to trip between the night stand and dresser, and it would have to come loose from the "blade grabbing hanger" (which I mounted w/a drywall anchor):

http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Demon-Universal-Hanger-Steel/dp/B0019N4IB4

The rest are secure in my weapons cabinets. :)

Sir Wolf:
no Sir Edward prefers to set sharp toys in stairways so when he runs down them he likes to try and cut off his toes ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version