Main > The Armoury

Albion price hike

<< < (2/14) > >>

Sir Edward:

Wow, I'm glad I reserved the Dane when I did. It went from $1,221 to $1,800.

Sir Wolf:
 :o

Das Bill:
I ended up putting money down on the "Marxbruder" practice messer at the previous price. I thought about putting money down on another sword, but resisted the temptation.

The price of steel has really gone up, and I don't actually blame Albion and A&A for raising their prices... but man, the Albion prices are now taking them into the range of full custom pieces. Of course, full custom pieces are probably going to be higher now, so maybe that's a moot point.

I know John Lundemo was complaining to me that the price of steel had doubled between the time he and I agreed on my messer and the time when he was ready to purchase the steel to start it.

Sir Edward:
Another Albion price-hike this year. Purchase/reserve early if you want the current pricing:

--- Quote from: Albion Swords Limited LLC ---We are forced to announce an across the board price increase, effective July 1, 2012, for all items other than Maestro Line swords. We dislike doing this, especially in this economy, but it is a fiscal necessity. However, as we have always done, any order placed before July 1, 2012 will be honored at the old price, including layaway/payment plans.
--- End quote ---

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-16, 17:55:51 ---Another Albion price-hike this year. Purchase/reserve early if you want the current pricing:

--- Quote from: Albion Swords Limited LLC ---We are forced to announce an across the board price increase, effective July 1, 2012, for all items other than Maestro Line swords. We dislike doing this, especially in this economy, but it is a fiscal necessity. However, as we have always done, any order placed before July 1, 2012 will be honored at the old price, including layaway/payment plans.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Follow-up they posted:

--- Quote from: Albion Swords Limited LLC ---The price increase will be approximately 10%.
--- End quote ---

Keep in mind though, that it may vary with the model. A number of years back they did roughly an 11% increase on most models, but the Dane went up 50% (as discussed in this thread).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version