Main > The Armoury

Albion price hike

<< < (4/14) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-05-16, 20:09:34 ---Oh?  Ok...I wondered at that...my instructor used or rather, showed us a Lichtenauer- the one without the parrying hooks.  Both of them are listed in the Maestro line up so I just assumed they were both built for our style of combat- considering the thickness on those edges as well.  They are quite thick, and the fuller runs all the way to the tip, which is well rounded and thick as the rest of the edges.  Mayhaps you are thinking of the Squire Line of swords?

--- End quote ---

No, I know exactly what I'm talking about. :) There are a lot of folks who use the Liechtenauer. I just personally wish they wouldn't, since they require more control to pull your hits, and/or more safety gear on your opponent, since the edges are about half the thickness of the Meyer. The Meyer even has a lighter feel to it.

Since the prices are the same, I figure you should be kind to your opponents and just get the Meyer:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/swords-albion-mark-maestro.htm

Ian:
Anyone know if they've caught back up yet?  It puts a slightly bad taste in my mouth that they are going to bump up their prices while simultaneously being way behind on orders. They quoted mr 6 weeks on my order, and 6 months later I received a sword, with no updates unless I asked every couple of months.  I love the product, but if the prices are going to go up, it would be nice if they catch up on their orders first. Albion Europe always has swords in stock on tons of models. Albion USA as far as I know stocks 0 swords.  It doesn't help that my first experience them was an incorrect order... lol

Sir Edward:

I don't know for sure, but it sounded like they were finally catching up. My last order isn't a good test case, since the "film swords" all have to go through one guy, and they do them on different schedule.

Sir Brian:
I think I'll definitely put a blade on their layaway plan to lock in a price however I do have a bit of a conundrum, as much as I love the feel of the Crecy I have become a bit smitten with the looks of both the Talhoffer and Ringeck blades. Since they are all the same price, cost isn’t a deciding factor.  :-\

Do you happen to have either the Talhoffer and/or the Ringeck blades Sir Edward?  ???

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-05-17, 11:27:33 ---I think I'll definitely put a blade on their layaway plan to lock in a price however I do have a bit of a conundrum, as much as I love the feel of the Crecy I have become a bit smitten with the looks of both the Talhoffer and Ringeck blades. Since they are all the same price, cost isn’t a deciding factor.  :-\

Do you happen to have either the Talhoffer and/or the Ringeck blades Sir Edward?  ???

--- End quote ---

KoA has had a Ringeck in stock for quite some time if you're interested. It's listed under renaissance swords instead of medieval swords, and I think that's why no one sees it.  :)

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=ANH17&name=Albion+Ringeck+Medieval+War+Sword

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version