Main > The Armoury

Boots

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
I have a pair of Viking Leathercrafts 14th laced boots w/the leather heel...get the lugged sole if you plan on doing anything but walking around looking formidable.  The damned things are treacherous, as Sir Brian has said.

I'm probably going to pick up a pair of Bohemund's medieval high buckle boot as they're supposedly always in stock.  http://www.bootsbybohemond.net/index.php?option=com_ayelshop&Itemid=66&route=product/product&path=4&product_id=6

By the way, I have heard that Revival.us' garment/footwear portion was sold off to a Scott Adkins?  Ian can correct me if I got that wrong but word on the Armour Archive is that he's turning it around and making sure that he doesn't make the same mistakes Brian Price did.  I still won't buy from him for a while to see whether or not he stays on path- but it is good to know that he's done well thus far.  That price is freaking awesome for boots of that style and size...w/color options too.  Hmm...oh wait, 15th C, nevermind.  A 100 years or so later than where I'm at.  Well...300 if you count my Crusader persona.  lol

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---By the way, I have heard that Revival.us' garment/footwear portion was sold off to a Scott Adkins?  Ian can correct me if I got that wrong but word on the Armour Archive is that he's turning it around and making sure that he doesn't make the same mistakes Brian Price did.  I still won't buy from him for a while to see whether or not he stays on path- but it is good to know that he's done well thus far.  That price is freaking awesome for boots of that style and size...w/color options too.  Hmm...oh wait, 15th C, nevermind.  A 100 years or so later than where I'm at.  Well...300 if you count my Crusader persona.  lol

--- End quote ---

That is good news, I am relieved and I hope the new management can clean up the mess with Chivalry Bookshelf.

Sir William:
Sir Joshua, I do not know if he has that portion of the business...my understanding is that it still belongs to Brian Price?

Sir Edward:

From what I understand, Revival.us is completely under new ownership now and has severed ties with Brian Price.

Thorsteinn:
Fighting in period boots requires a change in footwork, that change produces better technique and a more grounded stance. The vibram soles allow you to cheat the history a bit as there is much argument as to what went on the bottoms of the soles of many boot's, shoe's, and sandals.

I fight exclusively in my vibram-soled Bohemond boots and found that for the first few months my form sucked and my feet hurt but I could tell within the first day that it would be better once I got used to the changes, and it did. This weekend I will be fighting a minimum of two days of three and I will be using my period boots the whole time. :)

Overall I'm much happier with these boots than with my USAF-issue combat boots.

-Ivan

(In this pic you can see me laying the smack down wearing those boots)

EDIT: Yes Revival has new owners, I was PM'ed the news due to my involvement, though Chiv Bookshelf is still Brian's (and he has yet to return the publishing rights like promised). Strange to think I had something to do with that just by asking the right question at the right time.

Currently Brian Price is in Afghanistan working for the US Gov.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version