Main > The Armoury

Maille Standard

<< < (2/5) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Well if i'm correct it's mostly 15th century, and I have a mid-15th century kit already (I wore it to VARF sans sallet last year).

Well if my memory serves me coorectly, we do have evidence of reenforced collars in the 13th and 14th centuries as well, though they were most often of metal or whalebone construction. Mine's more a historical plausability than anything truly typical in those centuries.

My main promting is actually something to wear to give a more complete look to my harness when wearing it without a helm. It never fails that some punk kid has to point out that "He could easily defeat/kill me by targeting my neck, which means that knights obviously sucks....ect ect ect." And it gets annoying to explain what an aventaille or bevor is over and over again, so I built this, to shut them up. So that's my explaination for wearing it in the 14th century.  :P

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---My main promting is actually something to wear to give a more complete look to my harness when wearing it without a helm. It never fails that some punk kid has to point out that "He could easily defeat/kill me by targeting my neck, which means that knights obviously sucks....ect ect ect."
--- End quote ---

You could also respond by explaining to them that seeing an available target does not mean being able to easily hit that visible target and it really isn't a threat if you split their skull first! I would have won every single duel I've ever been in IF my attacks had been a little faster and on target!  ;)

Bernarr:
Not to derail the thread.. but Sir Brian, where did you get your gorget? I've been looking for a new one and haven't seen any that catch my eye the way yours has

Sir Brian:
Alas it is now a rarity to find as it is from the Mercenary’s Tailor armory which is no more; however providence may smile upon thee yet for Allan Senefelder who was the former proprietor and is one of the members of this very Forum as well as an honorary member of the Order of the Marshal maybe convinced to make one for you.  ;)

Joshua Santana:
Huzzah and well done Sir Nathan!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version