Main > The Courtyard

Battle Of The Nations. Singles Video's.

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-05-10, 13:13:38 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2012-05-10, 12:35:49 ---Thanks for sharing that Ivan.  I had not read it on AA.  There's no way I would participate in BOTN this day and age.  I've been injured enough by rattan sticks over the last 12+ years to know my limits.

Now, if this had been around when I was young, single and stupid(er)...   ;)

--- End quote ---

Hear hear! I commend those folks that have the gonads to participate in this type of 'extreme' sport, but I personally have no desire to engage in such a high risk activity I deem to be for less benefit than bragging rights.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm still able enough to want to brag so if I can get geared up and funds for the trip, I'm going to try out for it.  Lot of work to do...and I am only going to be able to do it just the once as I understand it is quite an expensive undertaking.  Maybe not...as I do want to attend Agincourt 2015 to celebrate the 600th anniversary!

Thorsteinn:
If anyone wants to go then they should go.  8)
 I am not one of the ones that wants to go especially w/o health insurance. 

However I would love to do the Laurin Tournament in the Knights category. :)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---As practitioners of any historically inspired martial art, the level of safety and risk you're willing to endure must never be overlooked. Arm yourself with knowledge before participating in anything.

Lloyd Clark posted on myArmoury recently about concussions, and he goes into detail about how repeated head injuries can accumulate and cause all sorts of secondary problems. It's an interesting read:

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=25898
--- End quote ---

I have read it and I agree with most what they posted.  I cannot stress enough the importance of practicing these arts with safety and if you're going all out, you got to be prepared, physically and mentally.  To me, accidents happen when someone isn't prepared or made a mistake.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-05-10, 22:06:37 ---I mean, to put some perspective to all the ambulances, in high school sports, (football and soccer) I see a player get taken out in an ambulance about every game.

--- End quote ---

I'd wager it's more of an insurance / cover the school's hind-end sort of thing. If somebody at BOTN gets a finger nearly cut off and isn't in an ambulance, that's pretty hardcore. And concussions / blackouts that don't require a hospital trip. BOTN and school sports both have ambulances, but the severity of the people's conditions going into them is probably different most of the time. I can't picture many people breaking an arm / leg at a school sport (or professional sports even) and saying "Nah, that's okay, I don't need to go to the hospital, just set it here". :)

Sir Edward:

The image in my head now:

"It's just a sucking chest wound. I'm good."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version