Main > The Courtyard

Battle Of The Nations. Singles Video's.

<< < (5/7) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---The Russians even have a phrase that goes "Russians have Broad Backs!".
--- End quote ---

That is an interesting quote.  :)

Sir Edward:

As practitioners of any historically inspired martial art, the level of safety and risk you're willing to endure must never be overlooked. Arm yourself with knowledge before participating in anything.

Lloyd Clark posted on myArmoury recently about concussions, and he goes into detail about how repeated head injuries can accumulate and cause all sorts of secondary problems. It's an interesting read:

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=25898

SirNathanQ:
I'm rather on the fence about it. I love the idea, but it is very rough. I mean, to put some perspective to all the ambulances, in high school sports, (football and soccer) I see a player get taken out in an ambulance about every game.
I really would love to try this out.

However, I'm no fool, and I realize it has a lot of risk, and I'd probably get chewed up bad, for lack of skill.                 

Maybe a lower-intensity version? I'd love to see what DOK comes up with.

BTW, speaking of Sambo, there's a huge difference between striking someone with full force on the head or body with your fist and a polearm. No amount of elan, or broad backs will let you shrug off vigourousy wielded weapondry. Especially those polearms.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-05-10, 22:06:37 ---BTW, speaking of Sambo, there's a huge difference between striking someone with full force on the head or body with your fist and a polearm. No amount of elan, or broad backs will let you shrug off vigourousy wielded weapondry. Especially those polearms.

--- End quote ---

Yes but Sambo is very.. Russian (take a punch & a kick to the head in exchange for getting a good position is common in Sambo IIRC), and so is BOTN/HMB. It feels like what a Russian would come up with if they looked to create an armoured sport.

I mean look what Spetznaz has to go through in training.

SirNathanQ:
Ah, ok. I see what you're getting at. I thought you were saying that they're ok with taking hits because of sambo, and thus are cool with it if you light them up with a pollaxe from behind.

I can see your point better now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version