Main > The Courtyard

Back on TV for armored combat

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

No problem, my pleasure. I finally got to finish the show. It looked like it went really well!

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---No problem, my pleasure. I finally got to finish the show. It looked like it went really well!
--- End quote ---

I say he show went beyond well, it was a outstanding show!  ;D

Thorsteinn:
Well done!

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-05-01, 16:26:22 ---oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo mr suitntie!!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

What's funny to me about this comment is that the only time you met me in person was at Ed & Kat's wedding. That means 100% of the time you've been around me, I've been in suit and tie. :)

Thorsteinn:
Something that bothers me is that the training, no matter who is doing it, seems to be either unarmoured vs same or armoured vs same as well as same vs same for weapons (thought I am trying to counter that in the local SCA group & the Kingdom as a whole eventually).

We know Visby happened and so did the Peasants Revolt where armoured men destroyed their lessers brutally and we have Visby & Agincourt where less armoured men had a field day if their idjit betters.

What are your thoughts on training against such?

"Professionals are predicatable, unfortunately the world is full of Amateurs."

How does VAF train to defeat the guy what does a thing cause he knows not to not do it and/or he will be perfectly happy with a Phyrric Victory?

I ask as I know those two things were lacking in all my training previous to me doing something about it.

-Ivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version