Main > The Armoury

Clothing

<< < (7/13) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-01, 00:11:30 ---Yeah, it looks like all the braies are back in stock, since I ordered the small size too and my whole order just shipped (I'm assuming it's the whole order, since they sent me an email and said everything was in stock and ready to go). I think we got the same tunic, though mine's in blue. I ordered the chausses in both blue and black so I can pick depending on what else I'm wearing.

--- End quote ---

Yep, probably all shipped at once. Mine just arrived today, and I ordered the small braies too. I got my tunic in black, of course.

Sir Edward:
Yeah, knee to ankle length covers a wide range of history. In the 14th things kept getting shorter, until in the 15th they had doublets that often were pointed to the hose at the waist. If you like it at mid-thigh, it's going to look 14th mostly.

The good news is that depending on what you find, it might be possible to hem it a little shorter.

Leganoth:
i just need a teutonic outfit for when they werent in battle

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-05-01, 00:19:32 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-01, 00:11:30 ---I ordered the chausses in both blue and black so I can pick depending on what else I'm wearing.

--- End quote ---

And now you can go 1 blue, 1 black for when you just can't decide! :)

--- End quote ---

Don't think I hadn't thought of that. :)

Sir Edward:
My revival stuff got here today:

Is anyone else having fitting difficulty with the chauses? I got them in large. I don't have really wide legs, and they fit a size 12 foot. But man, it's tough to get my foot down through the ankle of it, and then they're pretty snug around the thigh. Basically, they fit, just barely.

For the braies, this is a whole new thing to me. I noticed the drawstring is super long. Long enough to wrap all the way around before tying. I'm assuming that's what you're supposed to do, and thus have a line to point the chausses to. That's what I did tonight.

The tunic sleeves seem barely long enough too. They look fine with my arms at my sides, but out in front they pull back from my wrist a little bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version