Main > The Armoury

Attaching an Aventail... AND Done!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-04-13, 22:03:30 ---woahh  :o

--- End quote ---

What?  ???

Oh and I already got an email stating it's been shipped by Master Knuut (www.weldedchainmail.com) How cool is that?!   :D 8)

Sir James A:
Congrats, I've heard nothing but good things about the welded mail ... well, only complaints I've heard is price, but when you're the only maker in a niche market and production cost is high.... :)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-04-14, 00:18:33 ---Congrats, I've heard nothing but good things about the welded mail ... well, only complaints I've heard is price, but when you're the only maker in a niche market and production cost is high.... :)

--- End quote ---

???

Most aventails of that size cost more near as I can see. Icefalcon had a nice riveted one for $275. Sweet looking too but Knuuts have a rep for lasting a good long time with hard use.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2012-04-14, 11:51:42 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-04-14, 00:18:33 ---Congrats, I've heard nothing but good things about the welded mail ... well, only complaints I've heard is price, but when you're the only maker in a niche market and production cost is high.... :)

--- End quote ---

???

Most aventails of that size cost more near as I can see. Icefalcon had a nice riveted one for $275. Sweet looking too but Knuuts have a rep for lasting a good long time with hard use.

--- End quote ---

Did you get it new or used? There was one on AA a little while back that was something like $495 or $595, I almost fell off my chair. I'd favor a riveted over welded at similar prices, since riveted is "more" historically accurate (not that either is near perfect..), but that's personal preference too. :)

Thorsteinn:
New from Knuut and from Icefalcon too.

http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/stainless-aventail-large-ff80818117d2f8570117ec23cee66727-p.html

Are you thinking of a Byrnie by chance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version