Main > The Armoury

sharing some of my latest pieces

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ian:
Hey Chris!  I'm really digging the deck of cards, where'd you come by that?  Also, is your dagger just pointed directly to your pourpoint?

VaughnStrever:
lol I carry those cards with me all the time. People love looking at them too. I bought them from H.E. they are not a bad price either. I actually have two decks of them, one in pristine condition, and then I have my deck I use.

Good observation about the pointing of the dagger, I did point it to my pour-point. Since I had no proper belt or belt buckle, The leather strap had the ends cut to a point. So I simply used it to point the dagger directly on. I can't say I have seen any historical evidence for this, but it was an obvious solution to my current circumstance.

I also pointed my knife and pricker set to my pour-point on the opposite hip.

Sir Wolf:
do you have a doublet and gown to wear when your "not working"?  most men are seen in doublets when working (even rolled around their waist). only see them in early 15thc working the fields in the pourpoint. gowns are a must !! :)

Sir Ulrich:
Nice stuff, I like the cards where did you get them?

VaughnStrever:
Ahh, yes a doublet and a pleated coat is planned for the next 2 purchases, sadly I need to gain a job (since I moved to NC a month ago) and then i'll be buying my doublet from H.E.

This is just what I have so far. two more main clothing items and i will complete the soft kit.

Cards are from historic enterprises

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version