Main > The Courtyard

Longpoint 2012

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-04-21, 13:52:57 ---btw, are you going to Free play tomorrow Sir Edward?

--- End quote ---

I'm going to try to make it, yes. I'm turning this into a swordy and armory weekend it looks like. Going to try to work on some projects today, and come hit people tomorrow. :)

Sir James A:
I think that rule set is a phenomenal step up from the way it usually is. The only thing I can think of for awarding points on after blows, is that if I see a grasscutter coming at me, I'll take the hit and go straight for the unprotected head/body - that's a 2 point shot, vs the opponent only getting 1 point for hitting my leg, and I'd come out "ahead" by 1 point. In a real fight, I'd want to keep my leg and hopefully parry instead. :)

I'm glad to see some serious potential for combat with proper form.

Sir Edward:

BTW, registration for Longpoint is now open.

http://www.fightlongpoint.com/

It's on the weekend of June 15-17, 2012. I don't think I can make it this year. I have a business trip that week.

Sir Brian:
Man that kinda sucks! I REALLY hope he reconsiders next years to be sometime around March/April timeframe.  :(

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-04-21, 13:52:57 ---That sounds awesome! Finally some rules that make sense and gives the proper consideration for the longsword, that being what would happen if they were sharps! I really freaking hate that I'll have to miss this tournament!  >:(

--- End quote ---

Did you get a chance to explain the new rules to some of the MASHS guys? I wonder what their thoughts are. I know several of them were specifically trying to practice toward Longpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version