Main > The Library

The Wallace Collection - European Arms and Armour Complete Digital Catalogue

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
Think I'll go for the book.  An extra almost-$300 for a digital copy seems excessive to me.  But hey, you guys got it so if I really need to look at this or that, you wouldn't say no would ya?  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-03-21, 19:22:21 ---Think I'll go for the book.  An extra almost-$300 for a digital copy seems excessive to me.  But hey, you guys got it so if I really need to look at this or that, you wouldn't say no would ya?  lol

--- End quote ---

Of course not. :) But assuming I'm not confusing this with the Carlo Paggiarino set, the USB drive contains something like 7,000 photos that aren't in the book at all, as well as being completely searchable and having all the info on the piece, whereas the book has a limited set of photos and only some of the info. So the book makes a great conversation piece and something to look at, but the digital stuff is for the hardcore research and seeing inside/outside of each piece and at multiple angles, to try to make a copy as close as possible to the original. So the USB drive is the expensive part, but also the extensive part, and while expensive, should be well worth the cost.

Sir Edward:
I wonder how much data is on that thing. I'm hoping I have enough space on the fileserver to make a backup (I don't want to trust a lone storage device).

Sir Brian:
Fileserver hmmm, what does that imply concerning the copyright licensing?
– i.e. could you then make it available online as a ‘read only’ reference?  ???

Sir Edward:
I don't think we could legally make it accessible in a public fashion. The fileserver I was referring to is just my personal storage (I don't keep data on my desktop machine, but rather on the fileserver where it has automatic backups. It's the "poor man's RAID", in that it duplicates the hard disk nightly).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version