Main > The Armoury

Gambesons from steel mastery

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
The one I linked to has an option for full underarm coverage as the open armpits are extra money. If it didn't I would prolly go for something else. I cant stand the open armpits to be honest, thats why I didnt go after the GDFB gambesons. If it's linen it will have a cooling effect as guys at the SCA told me about linen being better at cooling than cotton. My current gambeson is perfect for the winter too hot for the summer. Plus it has unlaceable arms which annoys me.

Sir Brian:
Cotton breathes just as good as linen. What makes most of the other gambesons with outer linings made of cotton so hot is the polyester batting used. Revival clothing uses cotton for the batting and inner liner with linen for the outer lining. I several makes of gambesons and by far the most comfortable and best at cooling is the revival clothing's.  ;)

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah, my current one is full of polyester which makes it hot as hell in the summer. I am pretty sure these ones are filled with cotton batting and not polyester. Is cotton batting multicolored or just white? I do know polyester is white. I think cotton batting is multicolored, can anyone find out if they use cotton batting there?

Nevermind says it right there that it's cotton wadding. Gonna get one of these once I figure out what custom design I want.

Thorsteinn:
Love me my 3 layer linen gambeseon even helps pad when a big boy like Baron John the Hessian hits you... a lot.
http://www.sca.org.au/innilgard/gallery/albums/album52/19b.jpg

The $90+ in materials I spent on it is still the best cash I ever spent on my harness. It makes all the difference in the desert sun.

When is Steel Mastery due to get you their product from East Europe?

-Ivan

Sir Ulrich:
Wish I had the patience and skill to make my own, don't exactly have that. I even took a sewing class but it didnt work out that well, kept jamming my machine and whatnot. I could basically get it done for 90 bucks already looking at the pricing of them here. Just gotta pay the 20 bucks for shipping...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version