Main > The Armoury

Custom Smith Mike Pikula Closed

<< < (3/3)

SirNathanQ:
Whew, thought we lost another one! Glad he's still putting out blades!

Sir James A:
His post seemed pretty ominous and straight forward, between the "no longer accepting commissions" and thanking everyone for their past support. It was hard to see any other meaning in it, but it's good it worked out, at least partially. :)

Sir William:
Also hard not to jump to conclusions given the current economic climate and the number of custom shops that have folded to date, Allan being the latest in a line that was far too long before he entered it.

Again, I'm glad to hear this is not yet the case for Mr. Pikula; but I certainly understand the dog piling, as it were.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-03-14, 16:22:41 ---Also hard not to jump to conclusions given the current economic climate and the number of custom shops that have folded to date, Allan being the latest in a line that was far too long before he entered it.

Again, I'm glad to hear this is not yet the case for Mr. Pikula; but I certainly understand the dog piling, as it were.

--- End quote ---

Yep, agreed. Even though Pikula isn't "closing", if he's not taking orders, and only doing things when he feels like it, it's gone from a business to a hobby and the business is basically closed. Not even really the same thing, and for people like me who have an interest in a very limited selection of weapons, it makes the chances of getting something I'd want from him virtually nil, and crosses him off my list of potential merchants to buy from.

Sir William:
Mad Matt did the same thing for a while...I talked him into my commission because it was a high enough dollar amount to pull him out of his semi-retirement.  My understanding is that he is back taking commissions...so maybe we'll see Michael back in the swing of things one day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version