Main > The Armoury

Armets, close helms?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-03-01, 23:21:49 ---oooooh yeah.

--- End quote ---
Im kinda looking for a full helmet that matches chainmail but fits the teutonic knights

Ian:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-03-01, 23:23:24 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-03-01, 23:21:49 ---oooooh yeah.

--- End quote ---
Im kinda looking for a full helmet that matches chainmail but fits the teutonic knights

--- End quote ---

No offense, but you seem to be kind of all over the place with the kit you're looking to put together.  If it's a Teutonic kit you're after, give us a specific time period as well and we can narrow it down.  Close helms and armets are nowhere close to appropriate for the 14th century kit you were talking about in the other thread.  For a 14th century Teutonic, you'd be looking at something like a klappvisor bascinet like this from Via Armorari, this thing SCREAMS Teutonic order, mid 14th century:

And a little later in the century, more appropriate for the full plate harness:

Give us a time period, location to work with, and order of knights if applicable and we can point you in the right direction for sure, from arming clothes to armor and weapons, the knowledge is here, just tell us specifically what your focus is.

Leganoth:
Lol i know im sorry i want alot :P. But for my teutonic set i would say, 1200-late 1400s, northern europe, teutonic order

Ian:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-03-02, 00:02:58 ---Lol i know im sorry i want alot :P. But for my teutonic set i would say, 1200-late 1400s, northern europe, teutonic order

--- End quote ---

1200 to late 1400's is the complete progression from maille to full plate and everything in between.  Describe what you want to be wearing.

To give you some options here are some approximate ideas of what might be typical for a given time span, when we mean narrow down your interest, we're talking a span of a couple of decades, not a full or even half century:

1200 - 1300 - Maille covering virtually your whole body, steel helmet ranging in style from norman conical helms to topfhelms, think crusades

1300 - 1330ish - plate bits are starting to appear, things like simple knee cops and elbow caps over your maille.  Steel helm may be something more akin to a Great Helm at this point

1340-1360's - now we're adding more plate bits, greaves and cuisses are making appearances, more elaborate arm defenses and body protection like a coat of plates, helmets are early bascinets and klappvisors, great helms

1360's - 1400's - full plate harnesses, steel breastplates, leg harnesses and arm harnesses, bascinets (klappvisor or hundsgugel)

1400's - 1420's - Improved plate armor, now your breastplate is a full cuirass (backplate included) with fauld (skirt of steel around the hips).  Helmet is going to be something like a grand bascinet

mid 1400's - Sallets, Armets and Barbutes for helmets, plate continues to improve...

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote ---Lol i know im sorry i want alot . But for my teutonic set i would say, 1200-late 1400s, northern europe, teutonic order

--- End quote ---

What Ian said, you don't want " a kit " you want multiple kits and thats not going to happen on the cheap ( actually a good single kit isn't going to be cheap ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version