Main > The Armoury

shield size?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Well when I did fighting in this reenactment, they gave me a shield which was too heavy for me, I could barely hold it up after a while of fighting cause my whole arm got tired, yet when they gave me a normal heater I was fine with it. The MRL shield I have is rather good quality apart from the canvas coming off in the back, debating on replacing it cause of that cause I dont want it to come apart.

ECOX:
The only time I will be holding mine is for posing. For $50 I get it unpainted,with hand straps and strap. But the larger one is only 5 bucks more. I get that man mentality and think bigger is better. The thinking side of me says, all day at the faire and trying to sit with the extra foot to watch a show and to rest, not so good.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, bigger isn't always better. It can be counter-intuitive sometimes. Often a smaller buckler works better since it doesn't get in your own way, for instance.

Frater de Beaumanoir:
Greeting Brother. I know of your plight. I stand at 6'6" and weigh in without maile at 270. The heater I bear is 24" x 28" and looks just fine.

It might be just me but one running in the 28s sounds like a transition from a Kite to a Heater. IMHO.

Thorsteinn:
From shoulder point to shoulder point and no longer than your inseam is the best.

-Ivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version