Main > The Armoury

Birthday Gift

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Thanks for the Birthday wishes.
It's peened, it rattles very slightly, I think it may be because the grip isn't that big or wooden all the way. I actually was thinking of sending it here http://www.custom-sword-shoppe.com/ and getting it refinished to have a custom black scabbard with oxblood belt and oxblood grip. It does match up to my expectations even more than I thought it would. The fittings also arent stainless, I used a magnet to test and they were magnetic which probably means they're normal steel meaning I can age the hilt so it resembles an older Norman style sword that survived to the late 13th century. I wanted something very similar to the Albion Reeve and this holds up to it. Only issue is I was gifted the blunt one when I wanted the sharp one, the sharp one is more than double the price though.

Ian:
From what I understand, you'd be in good hands with Sonny Suttles at the custom sword shoppe.  They're doing very nice scabbard work and I think he could antique your hilt furniture as well as re-grip it for you.  I think he did something very similar for Jon Sarge on MyArmoury and it came out great. Could probably sharpen it for you too!  It could wind up a really nice semi-custom piece when he gets through with it.

Sir Brian:
Very sweet gift and Happy Birthday! :)

Sir Patrick:
Happy birthday, Sir Ulrich!  Nice sword!

Leganoth:
Looks like you got some m&ms and zelda too lol. Anyways back on topic, the swords tip looks a little round to me
And happy birthday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version