"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
                -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

Author Topic: Finished two projects this week.  (Read 6845 times)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
Re: Finished two projects this week.
« Reply #15 on: 2012-02-25, 13:54:25 »
Ahh, thank you. Looks great. Tailored coifs always look and feel about a million times better than untailored.

Hey, for a simple little 2 minute thing that will help functionality, loop a leather cord through the last line of rings on your forehead, and then drop it a few links and thread it through about three or so and then tie it at the back of your head (right in the center). It's a very period thing to do, and it keeps the maille on your head when you pitch foreward or back (very nessasary if you plan to fight well in your coif)

I've attatched some pictures of what I'm talking about, as seen on my coif.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #16 on: 2012-02-25, 14:26:21 »
Grammercy for your compliments,
Sir Ed, Thank you for answering the what is that? question.
Red Knight, My last name is Cox, Americanized spelling of Cocks, as in proud as a cocke. I wanted a charge with more of an attitude then a regular rooster and unfamiliar also. Also one that would be a conversation starter with the danes. My faire persona is Rhys Coch.
 Nathan,

oh that makes so much sense! its like a lightbulb went on in my head hehehe. really cool

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #17 on: 2012-02-25, 18:38:34 »
Sir Nathan, I was wondering myself how to do that. Thanks for saving me the trouble of experimentation. Now I know how to keep my mail coif from flopping around, twisting and just being a general pain.

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #18 on: 2012-02-26, 13:39:09 »
You're welcome Sir Matthew.  :)

Tailoring and adding a ventail and getting it all well-fitted makes the coif 100% more functional. Also looks a million times better, and much more period.

After tailoring, you'll actually begin to like wearing your coif. When worn, it has a very strapped in feel, with almost no movement.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux