Main > The Armoury

Got some new hats

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

Nice. Now you need the kits to go with them all! :)

Sir Wolf:
what is it someone once told me? helmets without kits are like people without souls

Sir William:
LOL

Nicely put, Sir Wolf!  I wonder how many helmets had kids back in antiquity?  lol

Sir Wolf:
oh shut up i totally missed that. fixed it hahaha

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2012-02-14, 06:01:44 ---Nice!  Where'd you get them from?

--- End quote ---

I got them from "Swords Of Might" (swordsofmight.com); the site looked vaguely familiar and I think I've bought a SLO or two from them before in years past, but never armor.

Good experience, overall. They didn't take paypal, which is a bit odd. I put in the notes "please send shipping/tracking info when available", but never got an email about it, or even an automated email that it was shipped. I found out if you created an account, then log on and look at order history, it has tracking numbers in there. It all arrived undamaged and in about a week, so no complaints. The klappvisor was about $10 higher than KOA, but the sallet was about $10 cheaper, so it was a wash. The main reason I got it all from there is KOA didn't have the great helm.

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-02-14, 08:23:28 ---Sweet! Love the clap visor! :)

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Sir Brian. It's part of my "Sir Brian" kit; 14th century german splinted leather. :)

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-02-14, 12:26:15 ---awesome, which sallet is that

--- End quote ---

It's a GDFB with the lifting visor and bevor. And it's the most perplexing helmet; I know GDFB is a european company, which I thought maybe they outsourced to India? But the box it came in had a sticker that says "Made in China"; same box that had the GDFB stock # sticker on it.

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-02-14, 14:01:31 ---Huzzah and well done, Sir James!

--- End quote ---

Thank you. :)

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-02-14, 14:32:39 ---Nice. Now you need the kits to go with them all! :)

--- End quote ---

These are progress on existing kits without helmets. :) The klappvisor is for my splinted leather gear (aka the "Sir Brian" kit, since I've shamelessly taken a *lot* of inspiration from his kit). The sallet & bevor is for my MRL gothic kit. The great helm is for my early period mail kit.

Somehow, I can't find 9mm brass riveted loose rings now. I was going to do brass edging on my mail to match the brass on the helm, and use it for a crusader/templar kit. KOA and IceFalcon don't have them, and my google-fu has found nothing, and I have no bookmarks for them either. I'm hoping I didn't dream them up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version