Main > The Armoury

Plate armor

<< < (6/8) > >>

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-02-15, 11:43:53 ---Just so you're aware, mitten gauntlets and gorgets are not really authtentic for late 14th century armor.  They're including them because gorgets are generally a requirement for the combat sports they're referring to, and mitten gauntlets are also easier to make 'legal' for things like SCA combat.

Authentic armor for the time would have hourglass finger gauntlets, and if you were a less wealthy knight, perhaps wisby style finger gauntlets. Neck protection would be a maille aventail, not a gorget.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what they mean by floating greaves, but fully enclosed cased greaves are the norm by this time, but that's probably a little flexible depending on your knight's means.

--- End quote ---

Yeah i dont want mittens i want 14th cent gauntlets. I also would want fully encased greaves so Im gonna reply and say that

Leganoth:
also, off topic a bit but would it be logical to put in strapping in your helmet to go under your chin so your helm doesnt fall off

Sir Matthew:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-02-14, 14:17:26 ---Sir Matthew, when do we get to see pics?

--- End quote ---

I think I posted some of my peascod, I'll have to add some to my knight page. I don't have enough or really anything for my 14th Century kit yet. It's still in the planning stages, seems like it has been forever. Someday I'll finish my 16th/17th century stuff and move on to this. Or win the lotter or get a huge inheritance and be able to afford to finish both  ::)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-02-16, 06:02:51 ---also, off topic a bit but would it be logical to put in strapping in your helmet to go under your chin so your helm doesnt fall off

--- End quote ---

As far as I know a simple chin strap is period correct.  Things like the SCA require very specific types of chin straps to by fighting legal, but if this isn't a concern, a normal leather strap with period buckle would be fine.

C.J. Stout:
Hello I'm new here but have some recent experience with Illusion. I ordered a full harness of their Burgundian Gothic in stainless. The communications were pretty good with only a few delays and the product is great. The only problem I had was the visor on the helm was incorrect. This was quickly remedied and now I have two visors. The waiting period was eleven months though. All in all I am very happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version