Main > The Armoury

Just bought my first anvil

<< < (4/5) > >>

Allan Senefelder:
Chuck, nice stump stake in the foreground. Hang onto it, they're old, tough to find and desirable by collectors and hammerman alike.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-01-18, 16:29:56 ---there nice to have around thats for sure

--- End quote ---

They certainly are! They’re great for armor and weapon repairs as well as dropping on the head of the occasional Wile E. Coyote when he gets too rambunctious!  ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-01-16, 22:12:25 ---Where'd you get yours Sir James? Harbour Frieght only sent me a message saying that their supplier no longer produces them. I was highly dissapointed, as that paper isn't at all useful for riveting!  >:(

--- End quote ---

Gah! I was going to pick one up this weekend when I'm down near harbor freight (the 55 lb one). I would have been getting a good anvil from Allan back when I was supposed to go to NY for a family birthday party, but that's the same weekend my parent's beach house flooded and I went 6 hours in the opposite direction of NY. :(

Sir Wolf - nicely stocked shop area. Where did you source your anvil(s)? The 55 lb looks like it *might* be the harbor freight one. I need to find some local train rail scraps around here. There's a train that literally runs through town, must be some scraps somewhere.....

Sir Wolf:
ya the 55 lb is a HF one. i got it back when they had free shipping. the 2 railroad pieces and the huge anvil came from my  uncle. the thing is in 2 pieces cause its so heavy. the one on the pole was free form a friend when i was in his barn.

Sir James A:
I'd be happy to provide a new home to stakes like that if your friend finds any more in his barn. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version