Main > The Armoury

awesome stuff

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Oh, this isn't just a pic- someone's offering to make these kits up?  $700 would be good if it were a custom fit...off the rack doesn't always suit me, though.  Still, nice...I've kept a copy for reference.  That's a lot of clothing though...can't imagine it was very comfy during the warmer months.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Although it`s extremely authentic, I`m surprised there are not more people supplying the hooded, full sleeved tunics. As a Hosptaller my brother has been after one of these for a while now.
G.

Sir William:
Sir Gerard, if I may posit- I think it might be because w/the full sleeved tunic, you can't see the gorgeous mail armor underneath; not that a Hospitaller would've been concerned w/such, but us contemporaries sure are.  ;)

Although, I do believe MRL's version from KoH was pretty accurate considering...it was a dark, dark brown, full sleeved, full length tunic with strips of mail attached to the skirt partings to make it look like you had on a full mail skirt.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-01-10, 16:50:46 ---Sir Gerard, if I may posit- I think it might be because w/the full sleeved tunic, you can't see the gorgeous mail armor underneath; not that a Hospitaller would've been concerned w/such, but us contemporaries sure are.  ;)

Although, I do believe MRL's version from KoH was pretty accurate considering...it was a dark, dark brown, full sleeved, full length tunic with strips of mail attached to the skirt partings to make it look like you had on a full mail skirt.

--- End quote ---

Yes you`re probably right Sir William, why pay out all that hard earned cash on mail just to hide it  ;)
Yes a dark brown one would be better ( and more realistic colour for the medieval dyer to achieve). My Brother has a lovely dark brown cloak but uses a black sleveless surcoat for the moment  ::).

G.

Sir William:
Black wasn't nearly as prevalent as Hollywood would have us believe, eh?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version