Main > The Armoury

Maille gloves

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Brian:
hmm I just might. I've already repaired my leg armor from when our Order had the first cutting/sword practice and I've repaired my Pourpoint with those really cool arming point reinforcement leather tabs, so I do need a decent winter project, however although my assistant is very patient with me I still can't seem to convey what exact assistance I need from her when working with my habergeon, so I might impose upon you Sir Edward if you intend to come up for the Free play Sunday on January 22 and put some lacing through the links in the area I need to tailor. ;)

Sir Ulrich:

Progress photos, I made a bunch of squares of riveted maille, I work on this pretty damn fast oddly as I made one patch in less than 3 hours now that I discovered a new way to weave maille. It works different from butted, just wish I had a source of black solid rings, would make it easier.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---that I discovered a new way to weave maille. It works different from butted, just wish I had a source of black solid rings, would make it easier.
--- End quote ---

I don't suppose you could do a quick little video of that new way of weaving?

Sir Ulrich:
Well I can explain it a bit, I usually weave it one ring at a time as opposed to connecting 4 in one as I used to do with butted. I rivet a whole bunch of rings at first and connect 1 open ring  while putting a closed ring next to it, keep in mind this may SEEM slower than connecting 4 in one "butterflies" together but it works easy and quick for flat rings. I usually close the right first then I rivet it when I realize it's in place properly in case I weave it wrong. It takes a bit of practice but it works much better than my old method.

Sir Brian:
Well I succumbed to the temptation and ordered some loose flat dome riveted rings and a dome rivet tool from here:
http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-10301-loose-chainmail-rings-flat-ring-dome-riveted-code-4-29-ob2341.aspx

I should have the tools and material shortly and will then be ready for that instructional video Sir Ulrich!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version