Main > The Armoury

Gambesons

<< < (3/3)

Sir William:
I have an IceFalcon one that I am not in love with how the arms hang...there's some extra material under the arms which James just clarified for me- it is the way they made it to hang.  So, I'm going to be in the market for one, but may opt for the lighter arming cote that IceFalcon sells as I have no real need for the thick one.

Sir Ulrich:
Currently I am tied up between the revival linen one and the Matul's ones. Just don't know how to order things from Europe, seems ALL the good stuff is sold in Europe including bingo wing free maille. I may just go for jolly knight because they're the cheapest and seem to be similar to Matuls. Revival's one seems a bit.... expensive compared to the rest. Otherwise I could go for a custom made one, I don't really know anyone who could make one though so I'm out of luck there. I WAS gonna go for Icefalcon but I wanted linen not cotton or poly. After wearing cotton filled with poly I know why they made them out of linen and not cotton.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2011-12-07, 00:13:41 ---Otherwise I could go for a custom made one, I don't really know anyone who could make one though so I'm out of luck there.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-12-04, 07:51:03 ---Also, unlike MRL or IceFalcon, Historic Enterprises (Black Swan Designs is the "soft kit" division) will make you a custom-sized doublet based on your specific measurements.
--- End quote ---

In case you missed it earlier. :)

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah, is that actually a gambeson to wear under maille or just a linen garment? Either way as long as it's custom made I would like it because I've grown tired of tube sleeved gambesons like my current one. I should be fine with a layered linen gambeson because I don't want something too stuffed because it will get hot as hell in the summer.

Sir Brian:
Revival Clothing has their Model-T cotton gambeson on sale for $139.00
http://www.revivalclothing.com/onsale.aspx
They are only available in black but that is your preferance anyways. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version