Main > The Courtyard

Battle Of The Nations

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
heheh tis not a matter of heavy hitters or big guys. ;) I know whos going etc. it's a matter of the game. there are some pretty crazy fighters in Europe. I do believe there is a guy who is a severely mentally handicapped now who's friend actually did the damage and the only excess was that "he should have blocked better"

now don't get me on the whole rattan vs steel thing. I've been around the SCA a long time but never a member, but I have fought steel. I would not fight their steel I don't think. Now I could be wrong, I could be totally wrong. but from the videos of the Polish and Russian guys on you tube (not the BoN stuff, other wars) they seem a tad crazy and unruly at times.

:)

Thorsteinn:
Well then they'll fit right in. Besides, Uther's already got his brain damaged anyway so he'll be fine. ;)

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Yes Sir Wolf, I agree, there just doesn`t seem to be the same "health and safety" or "safe fighting" discipline over there. I like my fingers, collar bone and nose just the way they are thank you  ::)
 A group from the Ukrain were marched off the field at this years battle at Azancourt for their over dangerous battlefield behavior.

Still, it`s exciting to watch some other daft sod willingly taking a thrashing lol.
G.

James Barker:
Anyone not used to this type of combat is going to get an ass kicking first time around; it is simply too different for past experience to apply. Heck just changing the rules in the SCA totally throws off super Dukes; I have captured Dukes and Knights in the Combat of the Thirty at Pennsic because they are still mentally locked into sword and board, one shot your dead, no hits from behind combat; the Thirty is a totally different game.

No one can move instantly from a heavily regulated game to no holds barred; it is going to take practice and experience to get good.

Sir William:
I see Team America taking some lickings early on...but if those guys can work together, could be a whole other story when it is all said and done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version