Main > The Armoury

My full current kit

<< < (7/12) > >>

SirNathanQ:
If it's any help at all, in the workbench section Sir William posted my process of how I did mine.
I'm happy with my maille. It turned out well.  :)

Sir Ulrich:
I may need some assistance tailoring my maille as I cant even get my hauberk on myself. Time to pester my folks I guess. The most uncomfortable part of my kit is the maille flopping around with excess weight. Just need some butted rings to do it with, then later riveted rings. I may just make the sleeves taper but then I may have MORE trouble putting the thing on.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, narrower sleeves will be a little more difficult to put on, but it'll fit a lot better when you're done. Just remember to only take out a little at a time and lace it shut or only use butt-links while test-fitting. The diameter at the elbow has to be large enough to accommodate bending your arm, and it's easy to take out too much there. It's probably safest to do a linear taper from the armpit all the way to the wrist, if they're full-length sleeves.

I think where I ended up on my half-sleeves was roughly about 2" more space than I thought I needed just by pinching it together at the elbow. But I'm just guessing based on memory.

So like I said, don't take out too much on the first attempt.

SirNathanQ:
Yeah. Getting the measurements right is super important.
And it isn't that much harder to get on, really  :)

BTW, the feel is just so much better, you will wonder how you did anything in your maille once you do it.

Sir William:
I need to get to work on this...what with all those spare rings Sir James gave me, shouldn't be too much of an issue.  Just time...and COD:MW3 has been taking up a lot of it.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version