Main > The Courtyard

Combat Of The Thirty video

(1/8) > >>

Thorsteinn:
Combat of the Thirty video from Pennsic War.

Ian:
Great shots! 

I really long for the day that this level of kit would become the 'standard' for the SCA.  I don't want to start an SCA argument, but if CotT was the norm, boy oh boy the SCA would be absolutely awesome.  And, as I understand it, the rules of the game are a little different during CotT in that armor actually protects the body part it's worn on.  I never understood the rules of heavy list in that armor doesn't serve it's purpose.  You get hit in the arm, you lose your arm... well, that's why I'm wearing armor, so that very thing doesn't happen... doesn't make sense to me.  It ends up putting you at a disadvantage in the sport to wear full armor, which I never understood. 

Are there more things like CotT within the SCA?  I understand the Deed of Arms at Gulf Wars might be similar?

Thorsteinn:
COTT is what happens when you have a hosted tourney instead of a standard.

Pas d'Arms happen all the time and can have many different rules. We even did an eastern themed one once.

James Barker:
I have been in a number of the 30s; I skipped it this year because I was a bit sick on Sunday. If this was how the SCA was most of the time I would fight way more. It is so much more fun than the standard tournament or melee style.

SirNathanQ:
So how do the different rules compare? & BTW, how does one defeat his foe if he is fully armoured the in COTT or similar tourneys?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version