Main > The Armoury

Surcoat/Tabard

<< < (4/8) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: ECOX on 2011-10-31, 03:22:59 ---It is a surcoat, from my understanding the differance being a tabbard is not joined together on the sides.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this is my understanding as well.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-11-03, 08:17:32 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-10-30, 20:55:28 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-10-30, 09:55:55 ---Gentlemen, as I asked acted as the liaison for James with the seamstress who did my last three surcoats I am happy to do the same for you both. I am at your service.  ;)

--- End quote ---
Wait what do you mean

--- End quote ---
Sorry after I reread my original post I realized that I used the wrong wording...happens when I post prior to the second cup of coffee kicking in! ;)
As to my meaning: I was offering to serve as a go-between for anyone on this forum with the seamstress I used for my last three surcoats.  :)

--- End quote ---

Oh haha, sure thatd be great, theres no seamstresses around here. If she did make it would it be able to ship over here?

Sir Brian:
Sure I could mail it too you on the left coast. With insurance priority mail it should run anywhere from $6 - $13 if I have to purchase the mailer envelope at the post office.  :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-11-03, 13:56:02 ---
--- Quote from: ECOX on 2011-10-31, 03:22:59 ---It is a surcoat, from my understanding the differance being a tabbard is not joined together on the sides.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this is my understanding as well.

--- End quote ---

Mine as well. From what I've seen, Tabards are popular in the late, late era - towards the "Musketeer" (rapier/classical fencing) times.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-11-04, 07:20:54 ---Sure I could mail it too you on the left coast. With insurance priority mail it should run anywhere from $6 - $13 if I have to purchase the mailer envelope at the post office.  :)

--- End quote ---

Well sure that could work, then i could mail back paying you back or mail you prior to you sending it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version