Main > The Armoury

Frog Face helms

(1/3) > >>

Leganoth:
http://www.me.wpi.edu/research/IMDC/IQP%20Website/ArmorPages/Frog-faced%20Helmet-1400s.jpg

Not a very popular helmet, I want one. How do you guys like the style if you never seen before?  What century is this?

Sir Matthew:
Looks like a really messed up Sallet. I don't care for it, but then again I'm not much for closed face helmets. The only one I like is the Pig Faced Bascinet. But to each their own.

Sir Edward:
Yeah, that looks like a pretty typical 15th century frog-faced jousting helm. Notice how the bottom has holes for bolting it straight onto the breastplate. These were for jousting only, and were designed to be immobile to help save the wearer's neck from pushing the head back with lance impacts.

Sir Wolf:
that one i believe is late 15th if not early 16th century. for jousting only not for foot combat. made for the style where you have to lean forward to joust.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-10-21, 11:42:05 ---that one i believe is late 15th if not early 16th century. for jousting only not for foot combat. made for the style where you have to lean forward to joust.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-10-21, 03:31:45 ---Yeah, that looks like a pretty typical 15th century frog-faced jousting helm. Notice how the bottom has holes for bolting it straight onto the breastplate. These were for jousting only, and were designed to be immobile to help save the wearer's neck from pushing the head back with lance impacts.

--- End quote ---

Hmm i see, do they remake these still or no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version