Main > The Library

Medieval movies?

<< < (19/22) > >>

Sir Nate:
arn the templar. just finished the show. it was awesome.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-08-25, 14:50:28 ---Pillars Of The Earth & World Without End.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I agree- they did a pretty good job w/the source material.  I loved the books...having read them both multiple times I am always struck by how the author seems to capture the gritty reality of everyday life for the peasantry- the nobility almost take a back seat to the goings-on of the commoners, but without making them seem feeble or weak; the notable exception being when they have no other choice except to submit.  Even then though, there are some who do not accept it lying down- I like that.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Hey, you guys haven't seen my medieval movie yet!
            "Sir John and the Rascals of Bihor"Copyright 1990Running Time: Approx 90 min.Color (Movie Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance)
The movie takes place in the Middle Ages (1528) at a time when the Christians and the Turks were engaged in a series of Holy Wars. Finally peace was achieved and a boundary was agreed with Transylvania as a no-man’s land. During this time one of the few forms of entertainment were the traveling minstrels who rode from town to town telling their stories through music and song.

The story centers on the Margrave (Marquis) of the March (a tract of land along a border of a country) of Banat, adjacent to Transylvania. In honor of this peace, the Margrave holds a festive tournament celebration.

On his way back from the war, a Knight Errant, Sir John, and his two squires pass through Banat. Sir John finds himself smitten by the Margrave’s daughter who talks him into staying for the tournament. But the romance is cut short when she is abducted by one of the henchmen of the evil Baron von Bihor, and taken deep into Transylvania to his castle. The Margrave dare not send troops to rescue her and destroy the peace, but Sir John vows to bring her back.

Little does he know that he must defeat not only the Baron’s guards and knights, but also the Black Magic of the Baron’s evil Wizardess. What can one man hope to achieve against such odds? Is his doom written in stone?

Sir James A:
Sir John, that sounds like a very interesting storyline, and looks like you're having fun making it too. Some of us will get to see it at your knighting.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
My good lords,

Don't forget, if you get the bug...I have a script and costumes ready to make another medieval movie.

Sir John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version