Main > The Library

Medieval movies?

<< < (6/22) > >>

Sir William:
I figured as much...Hollywood will always get its way, no?  The changes made (I have read the synopsis of the movie a few times so I know what to expect) don't take away from the novel imho, but I will reserve commentary until after I've viewed it.  Kinda excited, I am.

Sir Wolf:
eaters of the dead was soooo much better than 13th warrior.
i want them to make a Byzantium movie based off the book. it was an awesome historical novel. (fiction hehe)

Sir John of Felsenbau:
I have quite a library of dvds and VHS tapes on knights and the medieval times. I took a chance and bought "Tomeline" that I really enjpyed, as I like sci fi as well as knights. It's about modern day archeologists on England who somehow go through a worm hole back to the days of the knights. It has an interesting story to it.

But I think one of the best movies is "The tale of Sir John and the rascals of Bihor" but then I am very biased since I made that movie. It lasts 1 1/2 hours and I plan to show it at my knighting.

I made several movies. I started in undergrad school with 8mm (later transfrerred to VHS) and my film group actually became an official extra curricular activity of the college. I made a western in upstate new york, and was surprised at the cooperation...literally the whole "Frontier Town" was at my disposal, stage coach, horses, steam train! Then I went on to make video movies after I got married. My last and longest one was "Gone IN the wind"...it lasts abour 2 1/2 hours...it took me 2 years to make.

Sir John

Sir Edward:
Very nice. :) I've never attempted a longer film project. Most of my video editing has been short things for youtube.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Sir Edward,

Perhaps, if we get enough people to participate, we could make (another) movie about knights with the members of this group.

I remain, your most obedient servant,

Sir John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version