Main > The Armoury

Helmet plumes

<< < (3/4) > >>

Leganoth:
Oh god I don't think I have the skillnto make that and rivet it into my helm :/

Sir William:
It looks like Chris Anson can make them...then you'd just have to get it riveted onto your helm.  There are at least two of our fellow knights who have the required skill to pull that off...you just need to meet up w/them at some point so it can happen.

I hadn't really given a plume much thought...but it would look sorta cool.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-10-12, 19:00:59 ---It looks like Chris Anson can make them...then you'd just have to get it riveted onto your helm.  There are at least two of our fellow knights who have the required skill to pull that off...you just need to meet up w/them at some point so it can happen.

I hadn't really given a plume much thought...but it would look sorta cool.

--- End quote ---

Yeah i wouldnt know how to do riveting and i dont want to mess my helm up

Sir James A:
If you want a cheap and easy way to rivet the holder to the helm, it's just drilling 2 holes then using "speed rivets", which are small rivets that you attach with a little rivet gun. You can pick up the gun & some misc starter rivets for around $15.

I haven't really seen much of any plumes pre 15th-ish century, I think the torse and mantle is more appropriate to the earlier periods, if that's of any concern.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-10-15, 01:22:00 ---If you want a cheap and easy way to rivet the holder to the helm, it's just drilling 2 holes then using "speed rivets", which are small rivets that you attach with a little rivet gun. You can pick up the gun & some misc starter rivets for around $15.

I haven't really seen much of any plumes pre 15th-ish century, I think the torse and mantle is more appropriate to the earlier periods, if that's of any concern.

--- End quote ---

Alot of the illustrations in the 14th century manuscript, Guiron le Courtois c. 1370-1380, have knights with feathers as their crests, or at least part of.
This is about the clearest pictoral evidence for the use of plumes in the 14th century;
http://visualiseur.bnf.fr/ConsulterElementNum?O=IFN-08100550&E=JPEG&Deb=45&Fin=45&Param=C

Or here`s another in a manuscript with several Arthurian stories, c. 1380-1385
 http://visualiseur.bnf.fr/ConsulterElementNum?O=IFN-08100550&E=JPEG&Deb=45&Fin=45&Param=C

G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version