Main > The Armoury

Flails

<< < (2/4) > >>

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-10-01, 18:24:28 ---It says CAS/Hanwei, so you might be able to contact them directly and see if they have any distributors who are still selling them, or if you can buy from them (CAS/Hanwei) directly.

--- End quote ---

I will try and do that

Leganoth:
Apologies as all of our flails & maces have been discontinued & sold out for several years now & i do not know of anyone who would still have one in stock.

Customer Service

What a dissapointment!!!

Leganoth:
freakin liars look what i found and its not discontinued  http://www.realarmorofgod.com/store/html/Products/Historical-Weapons/Hanwei-Morning-Star-Fla-535.html   same company too

Sir Ulrich:
They sell some decent ones here http://www.kultofathena.com/maces.asp
Not the same as the one you linked but they look realistic enough, same price range too.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-10-01, 20:09:21 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2011-10-01, 15:04:47 ---Please be careful of the really cheap flails, unless you just want to hang them on your wall.  I bought a cheap double-ball flail years ago, took it outside (thankfully), and gave a go at a stump.  One of the balls flew off into the woods.   :o  Thank goodness no one got hurt!

--- End quote ---

The only battle ready ones i found arent pleasing to the eye, i dont want 2 or 3 balled those are just dumb, i want a morning star flail not a skull ball with 4 spikes

--- End quote ---

If one of the non-battle ready ones (read: wall hangers / cheap ones) loses the ball and it hits you in the eye, you may find a whole different appreciation for things that are or are not pleasing to the eye. :)

While I am joking, extreme caution is something that can't be emphasized enough with something attached to a chain.

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-10-03, 22:33:25 ---Apologies as all of our flails & maces have been discontinued & sold out for several years now & i do not know of anyone who would still have one in stock.

Customer Service

What a dissapointment!!!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-10-03, 22:52:14 ---freakin liars look what i found and its not discontinued  http://www.realarmorofgod.com/store/html/Products/Historical-Weapons/Hanwei-Morning-Star-Fla-535.html   same company too

--- End quote ---

Two things to consider: discontinued and sold out means the supplier does not have any. It doesn't mean their distributors might not have some sitting on a shelf somewhere. The other is that websites don't always show a product out of stock, even when it is; I've ordered medieval stuff that is "in stock" on the website and received an email saying "this item is backordered 6-8 weeks". I've seen backorders over 3 months long *after ordering something listed as in available* - and I'm talking already made items, not custom hand-made production items - and it's possible that you could order that and be told "sorry, we can't get any more and they are sold out" ... or they might have it. I hope they'll have it and you can buy it. :)

Best bet is to call or email that site directly and see. CAS/Hanwei and Paul Chen are both well known names/makers, and they have more than a couple distributors. The maker's information (In this case, Hanwei/Chen) is only as good as the information provided by their resellers.

This, along with Mercenary's Tailor going out of business, does illustrate the point that if you want something, best to get it while you can. Businesses going away or products getting discontinued seems to be an all-time-high from the 15 years I've bookmarked and drooled over things I wanted but didn't (and generally couldn't) buy at the time. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version