Main > The Armoury

Long list of my buys to come

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Matthew:
I agree they make good armor, my breast and back came from them. They did meet my deadline, and I even had a rush order. I found them to be a pleasure to deal with and communication was excellent. I was well informed on what was going on with my armor and questions or concerns were quickly dealt with. The wait time on a standard (non rush) order is very long and I did see on their website they are not taking custom work at this time. All their armor is custom fitted to the measurements provided by the orderer, however.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Matthew on 2011-10-05, 03:45:19 ---I agree they make good armor, my breast and back came from them. They did meet my deadline, and I even had a rush order. I found them to be a pleasure to deal with and communication was excellent. I was well informed on what was going on with my armor and questions or concerns were quickly dealt with. The wait time on a standard (non rush) order is very long and I did see on their website they are not taking custom work at this time. All their armor is custom fitted to the measurements provided by the orderer, however.

--- End quote ---

When did you purchase the breast & back?  My two Illusion purchases were in 2008 (greaves) and 2010 (sabatons) and both arrived months after the original estimate.

I want to reiterate that, in my experience, Illusion does make a quality product and they do respond to emails in a few business days.

Here's a review I wrote a while back: Illusion Armoring Sabatons, a mini-review

Sir Matthew:
My Breast and Back was ordered in May with a rush delivery for July and I recieved it the end of July. It actually shipped two days after the scheduled shipping date, but that was because the scheduled shipping day was a Sat., they sent it out that Mon.

Sir James A:
I've heard Illusion has substantial wait/late times too. I've seen a few posts where things are months, and in one case, over a year, past due. I've never seen anyone complain about the quality of the work, though, and as expected, being hand-made and custom isn't the fastest turnaround time. I would go with them over the generic indian-made armor from Medieval Collectibles; it's not anything against MC, I bought my entire soft kit from them, but armor is completely different.

Sir Wolf:
i had the same issue YEARS ago though. 1 shield boss took over a year to get. it was nice but a year for a boss?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version